Cucumbers were on sale last week for a dollar a piece- the good English ones. Love those things. Anyway, I threw together this salad one night. It’s pretty good, though next time I will make some adjustments- some dill or parsley, a microplaned garlic clove, maybe more onion.
Cucumber and Olive Salad (a variation of this recipe)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup salad olives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 3 dashes your favorite Louisiana-style hot pepper sauce
Combine all ingredients except cucumbers and mix well. If you prefer your cucumbers peeled, peel them and then slice to 1/4-inch thickness. Add cucumbers to the dressing mixture and stir. The flavors will continue to improve the longer the mixture sits in the refrigerator.