One of my favorite things to order at Mexican restaurants is cheese enchiladas. Probably because I love cheese so much. This recipe is perfect for that. It is combined with mushrooms and olives for perfection. And it is vegetarian/gluten free. 🙂
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Corn tortillas, fried to soften
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry tortillas for a couple of seconds per side in hot oil. Drain on paper towels. Fill each tortilla with one half of the cheese, onion, olives and mushrooms; roll. Repeat until dish is full. Pour the sauce evenly over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the second half of the cheese. Bake in over for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.