This little dish is the perfect appetizer or one-person main course. I whipped it up tonight just before the Super Bowl. Yum!
Mexican Pizza Bake
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bottle of beer
- 1/2 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, defrosted
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small chicken breast, roasted and seasoned as desired, sliced thinly
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepot, combing spices with the beans, corn, onion, jalapenos and beer. Simmer until most of the liquid is cooked out of the mixture. Spray the bottom of a springform pan with Pam. Layer in this order- tortilla, sliced chicken, beans and corn combo, tortilla… Top the final tortilla with cheese and scallions.
Bake at 400 until heated through and the cheese is melted. Slice into wedges. Garnish with cilantro and sour cream.