This recipe is originally from Southern Living, though I am not sure the episode (I got it from myrecipes.com). Regardless of it’s origin, it is awesome. I love mushrooms, wild rice, and Marsala individually. The combo together is phenomenal.
Wild Rice with Marsala Mushrooms
- 12 ounces of long-grain and wild rice mix
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 12 ounces assorted fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Marsala (can substitute beef broth if you don’t cook with alcohol)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 7 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms and salt; sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add Marsala, and sauté 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir mushroom mixture and parsley into prepared rice.