Thanks to Just a Smidgen for this lovely spring salad (the one below is a variation of the original). I love asparagus and am always looking for new ways to eat it. I had never had it raw before today. I really like the flavor and crisp texture. The citrus adds a nice pop and the avocado a smooth, buttery-ness. The dressing is simple and a nice change from my usual vinaigrettes. I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did.
Spring Ribbons Salad
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or low fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Chives, as desired
- 1/2 head butter lettuce (I used spinach since that is what I had on hand)
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 4 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, shaved thin with a peeler
Combine the dressing ingredients, whisking smooth.
On a plate, place the lettuce. Top with segmented grapefruit, avocado, cucumber, radish slices, and asparagus shavings. Drizzle dressing over salad. Serves 3.