Last time I went to the grocery, I bought a carton of baby tomatoes for my salad. But during the week, I just wasn’t feeling tomatoes on my salad. Weird, I know. Rather than let them go to waste, I roasted them to use on my Mushroom Pesto Pizza. They were very tasty and I can imagine using them with pasta, shrimp… the combinations are endless.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes (adapted from Ina Garten’s recipe)
- 1 carton of baby tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange the tomatoes on a foil lined sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper over the tomatoes. Roast for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are concentrated and beginning to caramelize. Serve warm or at room temperature.