These chops are very tender and complimented nicely by the salsa. It was super easy to put together. The leftovers were tasty too. There is nothing better than an easy grill meal- they taste good and there are no dishes!
Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
(From Recipe Girl)
- 4 (3/4 inch thick) pork loin chops
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 (1/2-inch-thick) crosswise slices fresh pineapple, trimmed
- 1 medium jalapeno, halved lengthwise- seeds and veins removed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and veins removed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
In a shallow bowl, combine chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the spice mixture. Let the chops sit at room temperature while you prepare the salsa. Prepare a grill to medium-high hat and lightly oil the grate. Grill pineapple and peppers until lightly charred (2 to 3 minutes per side).
Remove from the grill and dice pineapple and jalapeno. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, jalapeno and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.
Grill pork until the juices run clear.
Serve chops with the grilled salsa on top.