I love spring because it brings cheap asparagus to the markets for weeks. Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables and I am always on the lookout for new ways to prepare it.
In the past, I have prepared it these ways:
With easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
In the Spicy Pork with Asparagus and Chile stir fry
How do you prepare this delicious spring treat?
Asparagus with Shallot, Caper and Balsamic Relish
- 1 pound of asparagus, trimmed
- 1/8 cup mild extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Oven roast or steam the asparagus. While the asparagus is cooking, combine the relish ingredients well. Spoon over the warm asparagus. Serves 2.