When I was in Japan, I had some of the most amazing salmon. It was so fresh and had a unique flavor I was unfamiliar with. Now that I have become more experienced with flavors, I learned that flavor was miso. Love that flavor! We really enjoyed this salmon. I intend to make this recipe in the future!
Miso-Ginger Marinated and Grilled Salmon (thanks to Bobby Flay)
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 salmon fillets, 8 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the above ingredients and marinate the salmon for at least 30 minutes.
Grill as desired.