I am being overwhelmed by basil. It is my fault. Afterall, I did plant 5 plants willingly. So starts the summer search for basil recipes. If you have any to suggest, please let me know.
Avocado Basil Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- 2 medium avocados, coarsely chopped
- 6 bacon slices, fried crispy and crumbled
- 2/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
In a small microwave safe dish, microwave the garlic in the olive oil for about 30 seconds. In a large bowl, coat the avocado in the lemon juice (that way any leftovers will not brown). Combine the avocado with the other ingredients. Toss to combine. Serves 4.