I am always trying to re-purpose food. Because I cook so much, there are inevitably leftovers. Can’t let them go to waste but it gets old eating three or four days worth of the same meal. Everyone loves those awesome sandwiches at the Steak and Potato Co in the mall. These are not nearly as greasy but taste just as wonderful.
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- 2 crusty rolls
- Thinly sliced roast (I used leftovers from Roast Beef with Mushroom Gravy)
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, slices thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices of cheese
- Desired sauce (mayo, balsamic reduction, or A-1))
In a skillet, saute the peppers and onion with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. When tender, remove from heat. Slice the crusty roll horizontally. Place the beef on the roll. Top with the pepper mixture, the cheese slice, and your desired sauce. Serves 2.