Last week was spent in Charleston SC gorging on all varieties of Southern goodness, none of which are good for your waistline (more about these in future posts). Monday morning means getting back to the grind- laundry, dirty dishes, multiple appointments, and the gym. After all that sweating, I needed a hearty but low cal lunch. Two of the best tasting “health foods” are tuna and beans. Full of fiber, good fats, and plenty of nutrients, these two pack a serious punch without bloating you.
Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad
- 1 can of water packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 kalamata olives, halved
- Salad greens
- 3 thin slices of a sweet onion, broken into rings
Creamy Stone-ground Mustard Dressing
- 2 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water (if you want a thinner dressing)
In a large bowl, place the washed salad greens. Top with the tuna, beans, olives, and onion rings. Whisk together dressing ingredients and spoon over salad. Serves 2 (I was a pig and ate the whole thing).