My new love is edamame. I don’t know why it took me so long to become infatuated with lovely little legume. I am in love. This is a fantastically quick and tasty side dish to go with just about anything. I paired it with some fajitas but I can’t imagine it would clash with much.
Black Bean, Corn, and Edamame Salad with Cilantro and Lime Dressing
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 cobs of grilled corn, cut off the cob when cooled
- 1 cup edamame, steamed and shelled
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oils, garlic, and agave or sugar. Whisk together and set aside. Add the corn, edamame, black beans, onion, and cilantro to a medium/large bowl. Pour dressing over the mixture and gently toss. Refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight, to allow flavors to blend.
Thanks to Tastefully Julie for this recipe.