I shamelessly say that I stole this recipe from Savory Salty Sweet. Normally if another blogger posts a recipe, I try to refrain from re-posting it almost immediately. But I couldn’t resist this time. It just looked so yummy. I had to try it. So here it is with minimal changes. And it is just as good as she said it would be.
One Year Ago: Azerbaijan Salad
White Bean and Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups chopped tomato, seeds removed
- 1 ½ cups cooked white beans (canned, rinsed beans are fine)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A grating of myzithra or Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf of crusty bread, cut into slices, brushed with olive oil, and grilled until crisp
In a large bowl, combine minced garlic with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine, then set aside while you seed and chop the tomatoes. Add tomatoes to garlic and olive mixture, along with the white beans, chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then taste for seasoning.
To serve, pile on top of slices of grilled bread then sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese.