First off, let me thank Adventures of a Cake Diva for nominating Annashortcakes for the Inspiring Blog Award!
Two awards in a month! How lucky am I! I am so happy that this blog has reached others in a positive way. I hope I continue to be inspiring to you and I look forward to being inspired by you!
- Thank the person who nominated you. (see above)
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers that you admire or inspire you.
- Go leave a comment and let the people know you have nominated them.
The Seven Things:
- I grew up on a farm with a menagerie of animals, tobacco, hay, and a summer garden.
- Quite opposite of the Cake Diva, I am much better at savory main dishes and sides rather than desserts.
- I have recently starting reading non-fiction more than fiction.
- I sleep at least 7 hours a night, otherwise you DO NOT want to be around me. Trust me.
- I want to write a novel. I am just having troubles getting started. 🙂
- The thoughts of having a baby scares me! I don’t know if I will be as good a mother as my future child deserves.
- I am so annoyed that society has all these rules for what makes a woman beautiful. Good hair, white teeth, flawless skin, skinny with no cellulite. It is impossible to live up to these expectations. And even though I know real beauty is from within, I still kill it at the gym, whiten my teeth, and obsess over my pores. Being a girl is so hard!
Korena in the Kitchen (check out her Cherry Blossom Pie with Sourdough Crust), Cook Eat Live Vegetarian, The Canada Cheese Man, Griffin’s Grub, Cooking in Japan, Charlotte au Chocolat, While Chasing Kids, Frugal Feeding, Vogue Vegetarian, Frozen Moments, The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say SHHH, Go Lightly Gourmet, Fig Jam and Lime Cordial, The Southern Lady Cooks, and Sydney’s Kitchen
Now on to today’s recipe…. Grilled Tilapia with Jalapeno Pesto
With the exception of my “blow out” meal last week, I seem to be on a roll with these healthy meals. I love that I don’t feel deprived or starving after eating these dishes. This is proof that you can eat healthy and be satisfied.
One Year Ago: Mustard BBQ Sauce
Grilled Tilapia with Jalapeno Pesto
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 3 jalapeno peppers, charred on a grill or under a broiler
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Prepare grill as your normally would. With gloves on, remove the seeds and membrane of the jalapenos. In a food processor or blender, combine the jalapenos, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Grill one side of the tilapia about 2 minutes. Flip over and spread a decent layer of the pesto over the fish. Finish grilling until flaky. Serves 4.