I made this lovely little tapenade for the Spicy Italian Sandwich that I posted a few days ago. Even though I used it as a sort of relish, it would also be good as a dip with pita chips. Plus, it keeps a while in the fridge! So you can use this again and again to liven up those cold cut sandwiches.
One Year Ago: Tilapia with Tomatillos
- 1/2 pound pitted mixed olives, drained well
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 to 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl and serve.