Gotta love potstickers! These have a wonderful, savory filling that will please everyone, especially the vegetarians you know.
One Year Ago: Cinnamon Apple Cake
- 3/4 lb. baby bella mushrooms, chopped into small chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 3 scallions, white and green separated, minced
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder
- 24 potsticker wrappers
In a skillet, saute mushrooms, garlic, and ginger in the sesame oil for 3 minutes. Add scallions, soy sauce, and five spice. Continue sauteing until the mushrooms are tender. Drain off a bit of the mushroom juices and whisk in the cornstarch. Add mixture back into the mushrooms. When the juices are thickened, remove from heat. Spoon 1.5 tsps of the mixture into a wrapper and seal the edges. Cook in another clean skillet with 1/4 cup of water and 2 tbsp of sesame seed oil. Serve with soy sauce or other dipping sauce.