I love the spinach and artichoke dip you can get from places like O’Charlies and Applebee’s but I don’t want to have to pay $10 for an appetizer any time I have a craving. This recipe is an amalgamation (SCRABBLE word!!!) of about fifteen recipes. Some of them included mayo, sour cream. Some were hot, some were cold. I think this one is just about perfect.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, cut into a large dice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, more for topping if you desire
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the above ingredients. Top with extra cheese if you desire. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and browning on top. You could also put it in a crockpot on high for a couple of hours. Serve with bread slices or pita chips.