I am on a bender- a Mexican food bender.
I don’t need an intervention.
I have complete control.
Spicy Shrimp Tostadas
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Spices: cumin, Old Bay, salt, pepper, cayenne, chili powder, etc
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced thinly
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 can black beans, seasoned with spices and warmed through
- 4 tostada shells (you can make them at home this way)
- Garnish with cilantro, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, cheese
Place your vegetables on a baking sheet and broil on low until they start to blacken on the edges, about 10 minutes. Spray a skillet with Pam and add the shrimp. Sprinkle with desired spices. Fry until just cooked (overcooked shrimp is gross!). On a plate, layer your tostadas in this order: tostada shell, black beans, peppers and onions, shrimp, cheese. Repeat. Serves 2.