I love good cheese and vegetable salad with a nice vinaigrette. The fresh cold salad is great for these increasingly hot days. I love that you can make them in advance and that they make great leftovers.
A Cheese and Tomato Salad
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, microplaned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients into a bowl. Mix well. Chill until serving time. It’s better if the flavors have time to meld. Serves 4.