This salad is my new favorite!! LOVE IT! It is like a flavor explosions in your mouth. I am obsessed with it now. I could eat a huge bowl of this every day. Now I know that it is not totally traditional. I don’t have purslane and sumac. Maybe one day I’ll have it the “real” way but until then I will be perfectly content to eat my own version.
- Parm and garlic pita chips (omit for gluten free)
- Romaine lettuce
- A couple of slices of Vidalia onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 English cucumber slices
- Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/8 cup feta cheese
- Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
Wash and tear up the romaine leaves. Top with your sliced onion, tomatoes, cucumber, mint, cilantro, parsley, olives and feta. Crumble up your desired amount of pita chips. Drizzle the desired amount of lemon garlic vinaigrette over the salad. Serves 1.