A good friend of mine has been having troubles with headaches. She has decided that eating raw and all natural as much as possible may be a way to help decrease them. Initially my response was “what will you eat?!?” This recipe is proof that you can eat tasty food that is not cooked. The flavors are fresh, bright, and exciting. This recipe will become a regular in my salad rotation. You really should try it!
Sweet Potato, Turnip, and Apple Salad
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and finely julienned
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and finely julienned
- 1 small turnip, peeled and finely julienned
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/8 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, ginger, oil, and honey. In another bowl, combine sweet potato, apple, turnips, sesame seeds, and cilantro. Drizzle dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper. Serves 4.