Sorrel is an freshly tart little green perfect for spring. I love it with strawberries especially. Whatever salad you make with your sorrel, be sure not to overwhelm it with toppings. The flavor is to be enjoyed not ignored like boring iceburg.
Sorrel and Strawberry Salad with Pistachio Dressing
- 1 to 2 cups sorrel leaves
- 6 strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/8 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, plus more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- About 1/4 cup hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Splash good extra-virgin olive oil, for dressing
Purée the dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. Place greens, strawberries, and feta on a plate. Top with pistachio dressing. Enjoy!!