This winter weather is getting on my nerves. I am tired of the wind, the snow, the cold, the lack of flowers. I am tired of it all. I want to get away to a sunny land with sand and bright colors. Alas, there are no travels in my future. Until then, I will comfort myself with this delicious and happy salad. The crunch of the veggies really makes you feel like you are eating something of substance. And the flavors!!! Oh My! They just pair so perfectly. I think this is my new favorite salad…. You absolutely MUST try this! You can thank me later.
Indonesian Slaw with Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 large cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 pineapple, sliced into thin strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, diced (I used red onion)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Handful peanuts, roasted, salted and chopped
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
Toss all salad ingredients except the peanuts into a large bowl. Set aside in the fridge. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Blend or whisk to combine. Top individual salads with desired amount of dressing. Top with chopped peanuts. This amazing recipe is from Just a Smidgen.